Gingerbread Crafts

Gingerbread Crafts
Time for tea.

Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year

Was miserable yesterday, we had no plans for New Year and I felt we were going to spend another boring one at home. My husband isn't party people so it doesn't seem to bother him.

I decided that I needed to get rid of the negativity I was surrounding myself with so took a salt bath. While in there I decided that a trip to Bunnings was in order and that I was going to buy a plant to put in the yard to honour the old year. I was just getting out when my husband called through the door telling me he was going to Bunnings and did I want to come. Now since Christmas he and I had not been on the same wavelength, I was upset and angry with him, but couldn't find a way to get over it.

Something was mentioned in the car on the way that filled me with excitement and lightened me considerably. Can't divulge it right now, it's a big secret for now.

At Bunnings I chose a Frangipani plant, they had 3 different colours available but I wanted one with 3 branches. There was only one there, just the basic white and yellow one. Almost as soon as I got home I had a spot chosen, dug over and it in the ground.

I was checking it this afternoon when I saw our new neighbour over the fence, wishing him a Happy New Year. There are oak trees in his backyard that really block the light from our yard in the afternoon, one extends over the fence. When we first moved in we had to remove a tree that had grown thin, tall and was leaning over to get light, making it dangerous. He mentioned that he was planning on putting vegetable gardens in and pointed to the tree saying "if it's alright with you we are thinking of removing this one". Am happy with that, though a little sad that a tree is being cut down, but it means that I will be able to plant in our barren backyard. Also will be able to see the sunsets that the tree blocks out.

No comments: