Gingerbread Crafts

Gingerbread Crafts
Time for tea.

Sunday 25 April 2010

1970's Party

Saturday night was the 1970's party, it was both fun and a little disappointing. Disappointing because we were the only ones in my husband's family apart from the birthday boy who bothered dressing up. His friends made the effort to dress up, there was Sonny and Cher, Princess Leia and Peter Cris along with our Skipper and Gilligan. I didn't dress up as anyone in particular, but wore a maxi dress, long vest, wig and hairband. I did end up as Peter Cris' Groupie.

I really enjoyed myself spent most of the night with my brother-in-law and his friends, the rest of the family including my husband sat around the backyard, while we all danced and sang inside the house.

Next year will be my husband's 5oth and we will be having a party - really have to start planning, getting the yard ready etc. Don't know whether we will go with a theme yet, I told him that for my birthday I would like a Jane Austin party, but mine is in the middle of summer and I think most of the men will end up looking like Mr Darcy after his swim - which may not be a bad thing LOL. I still have several years to plan for that.

No comments: