Gingerbread Crafts

Gingerbread Crafts
Time for tea.

Friday 4 February 2011

There's been a lot of complaining around here lately, things along the line of "It's too hot", as well as "it's too hot" and not to forget "it's too hot".

Did I mention it was hot?

The air is thick with heat and humidity. Neither is great alone or together.

The other day I was told that there was a surprise for me in the loungeroom, I muttered that it better be an air conditioner or a pool as I came into the house. Yep a lovely split system air conditioner, nice. BUT it was and still is in it's carton, hubby hasn't arranged installation yet, he won't be seeing the Air Con guy from his work until Monday. Weather channel said that it's going to cool down on Monday and until then the temps will be high 30's and low 40's. I'll just melt until then.

I even caved and bought some boxer shorts to wear around the house, better for the family over stripping down to my undies. And yes I did do that, kept a wrap skirt handy to cover up when I heard anyone coming.

Also had most of my hair cut off today, I had been growing it but got sick of it and now it's short. Should have seen the amount of hair that was swept up, it looked like someone had dropped a wig in the corner. My niece is a hair dresser, she works from home now that she has 3 children, 4 years and under. She also plucked my eyebrows after 2 different types of wax didn't work, instead of a couple of ouches, it was lots but my bushy brows are now tamed.

No comments: