Gingerbread Crafts

Gingerbread Crafts
Time for tea.

Saturday 12 February 2011

Did some time traveling today.



A while back I was trying to back up some files and botched a file transfer, losing a whole file of downloaded crochet patterns. Was so disappointed because I loved the patterns and was saving them for a rainy day. At the time I tried the Wayback Machine but was unable to access the files. The other day we came across some printouts of a few of the patterns and I decided that I put out a call on here to see if anyone who might read this had some of the patterns. First I tried the machine again and was able to access most of the files. WHOO HOO! If you know the address of a defunct website the machine should be able to access archived pages.


I just spent an hour of ups and downs - downs when a file failed, there were 23 of those but there were 34 ups. Nice.


The website was called Originals by Gidge which offered beautiful crocheted dolls clothes sized for dolls such as Barbie. I'm very happy to again have a file full of these patterns but disappointed that so many were unavailable.


No comments: