Gingerbread Crafts

Gingerbread Crafts
Time for tea.

Saturday 22 January 2011

Birthday Sailing

Today is my 46th Birthday, there I admitted it and it wasn't as painful as I thought.



We went sailing on the Southern Swan on the harbour.




It motored up to Watson's Bay and then set sail back down the harbour. Lunch was a simple BBQ while underway. The weather was gorgeous and even though I put sunscreen on I did get burnt.










Afterwards we walked through The Rocks, which would have to be my favourite part of the city, the weekend markets were on and I chose a pretty freshwater pearl bracelet.

Then we got onto the free shuttle bus and headed back towards Town Hall, stopping in a couple of bookstores to search for the first Grow Your Own Drugs book that my husband wanted to get me as a gift - after much hinting by myself, he hadn't been able to find it before Christmas. We couldn't find it but found the second Grow Your Own Drugs book. It's ok I like working backwards.

On the drive home I was asked where I wanted to have dinner, chose City Extra at Parramatta. The food was good and I knew that the fussy eaters - husband and daughter would have plenty to chose from.

When we got home my husband handed me a simple yellow envelope telling me that it was my present. Inside were 2 Chris Isaack tickets, WOO HOO!! I had heard an interview on the radio saying that Chris was coming to Australia and had wished I was able to see him.

I did find that applying sunscreen does not always mean you will not get burnt. I missed a spot on the top of each arm but know I did not miss my chest, my necklaces have left interesting tan/burn lines. The rest of my arms and face did not burn. I put a soothing mud mask on tonight and massaged in Rosehip Oil. My skin feels lovely and smooth, also the heat has gone from the sunburn.

No comments: