Gingerbread Crafts

Gingerbread Crafts
Time for tea.

Sunday 9 May 2010

Happy Mother's Day

It's 10.30 am, my day has started out sooo good. I was first up, went to put a load of washing in, found a stinky wet load of my daughter's clothes in the machine. Then realising I left my phone in the car I found 3 missed calls and 2 messages from work, someone called in sick today and they've been ringing me since 6 am. I've been sitting here hungry for breakfast but my family like to cook me breakfast on Mother's Day, so I've had to wait til they stirred themselves, then listen to them yell at each other about how to make porridge.

I've just opened my gifts, an Angel holding a butterfly, a Mother plaque and Jane Austin Dvds. Very nice too, I'm going to enjoy watching the DVDs and now know why Cassie was asking me which Jane Austin movies I had watched.

The new car is going well, it's still in it's running in phase, I think it's around 960km. Economy is quite good, I checked last night I had done just under 250kms to a half tank, I think the last full tank worked out to be about 490kms. Husband pulled into the local shopping mall the other day and pointed out to the kids a car that looked identical to ours, saying that it was the first time he had seen one the same colour and model. Thomas took a closer look and told him that it was ours. I had decided to look for new shoes on the way home from work, after another day of putting up with squeaky and painful shoes. I found an almost perfect pair, they were brown instead of black, wore them yesterday and they were very comfortable and best of all quiet. They were marked down to $19 too, a real bargain.

I forgot to mention I have a scratch on my face, last night our cat decided to sleep on my side of the bed, I moved her over when I got in but then she snuggled under the blankets - when I tried pushing her out she jumped and ran out of the bedroom - taking a shortcut across my face ouch.

1 comment:

stewbert said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! Sounds like your morning started out like mine. :) Glad the rest of your day was better!