Gingerbread Crafts

Gingerbread Crafts
Time for tea.

Friday 23 April 2010

I need a new job -- warning rant ahead

Worked on my outfit for tomorrow's 70's party last night. I made a long vest to go over the dress I am wearing, I just have some hand stitching to go.

Was rung up this morning and asked to work today, covering for a sick employee, even though I had a lot I wanted to get done today I agreed. When I got there I walked into the office to say good morning and copped a lecture from the regional manager, about work not being completed. Needless to say I was fuming, but I knew it was coming - had told David that I fully expected to cop the blame for things not being finished. I was only transferred into this store on Monday - they were weeks behind on the yarn setup (the whole section was to be relaid and was supposed to finished 2 weeks ago. I was told that I was work in the section, it was a real mess but I have only been given 4 hour shifts, the first day I was able to concentrate most of the time in there and was told by the rostered supervisor that I had done more than what had been done over the last few days. The next lot of shifts were a write-off, was working under the Store Manager who knew that this job was a priority but wouldn't let me get started until over half way through my shift. Then she would keep calling me and stopping me from continuing - I worked beyond my cut off times. Yesterday I told her I would have to leave right on time because I had an appointment to pick up the new car.

Now the regional manager expected me to complete the work this week, work that we had completed in my last store by having a staff member in there all day - it still took us a couple of weeks. When I told her that I am only getting 4 hour shifts - she jumped in and told me that was not a good excuse and if I can't prove myself I will be transferred elsewhere. I hadn't wanted to be transferred there in the first place, but was given no choice. I've worked there before and found that most of the staff there were not competent, nor could they take responsibility for their own actions.

I was really very angry and upset, I made myself a cup of tea and had to ingest some chocolate. The Store Manager noticed and asked me if I was ok. I told her no that it seemed I was getting blamed for the situation - she told me that it was her fault. All I could think was why didn't she stick up for me during the lecture, but knowing her she was probably dropping me in it. Later on during my shift the regional manager rang up to see how much was done, I was standing right next to the store manager and clearly heard her say "to tell you the truth Cheryl hasn't even started on it yet." I hadn't had a chance to get started on it, we had been busy and the other girl I was with kept having to go sit down because she wasn't well , leaving me with lines of customers.

My old store manager asked me to work for her next Friday, I knew I had the day off so told her I didn't think it would be a problem. I mentioned it to my new store manager who then whinged that she was told she didn't have to share me. Then she told me that I was working for her that day - that they had changed my roster that morning. They hadn't told me or even put in writing on the roster so I wonder how they thought I was going to find out about it.

I don't get paid enough to put up with this and this weekend will spend lots of time searching and applying for new jobs.


Going to spend

No comments: