Gingerbread Crafts

Gingerbread Crafts
Time for tea.

Monday 28 November 2011

Spent so much time cleaning and tidying this past weekend, the place looks so much better. Not perfect but a lot better, now to keep it up. There's a load of stuff out in the car for donating to the Salvos.

Especially there is a load of magazines, I spent so much time sorting through my craft magazines to see what I wanted to keep. Over the years I have to have spent thousands on magazines, at around $10 a pop it wouldn't take long to add up.

Yesterday as I was trying to neaten magazines piles in the family room, it's where I've been sorting them. I had a quick look through those I had opted to keep, noting that most of the magazines still had their pattern sheets stapled in. I realised that I rarely ever make things out of them, there have been a few occasions but not many. I realised that these days close to 100% of my crafting comes from the net, free so why do I need to buy the magazines? Or keep them for that matter?

So now all but one that were in the family room are now bagged and in the car. The family room looks so roomy now. I need to cut my addiction to buying craft magazines, got to keep away from the newsagent. With the money I save, perhaps I'll be able to build myself a cute little shed I've always dreamt about or at least be able to afford more craft supplies. I know I could sell the magazines online, but that's not going to get them out quick enough.

No comments: