Gingerbread Crafts

Gingerbread Crafts
Time for tea.

Monday 6 June 2011

Socks

Finished the second pair of socks from the book tonight, the fit is much better. The pattern was pretty much identical to the first, apart from the length. Being used to elasticated thin socks they don't quite feel right on, think some knitting elastic in the band will help for next time.
I have set a little table up along side of a tub chair I bought at a garage sale a few years back, it's now my favourite place to eat breakfast and get some reading done each morning. Below is some of the books I want to get through, finished Save yesterday and started Stainless today. The orange book is The Land of the Painted Caves by Jean Auel, the latest book in the Earth's Children series, am halfway through that. Above it is White Magic by Lucy Cavendish again partway through. The ratty book on top of it is The Five Peppers and how they Grew, probably my favourite childhood book, I've decided to read it again. Under Stainless is How to be Comfy, I am sure I have Spotless around here somewhere too. The little blue book is called Meeting Fairies, I too am partway through it, I feel guided to only read it outdoors and have not been able to get out enough lately. I've tried reading it inside but the words are so blurry but are very clear outside. Went to Spotlight yesterday with my husband in tow, can't remember the last time he came into there with me - probably was when I worked at another branch and he got a temporary job there as well, quite a few years back. Found a good use for him while I took a quick look around, he stood on the line at the cutting counter, until he got bored and tried ringing me to come back - he didn't realise I was behind him. Bought 4 metres of purple velveteen for my Redingote, was supposed to start cutting it out today but didn't get to it.

Yesterday my Mum came over wanting to know if she had lent me a bag, she was a little upset it was lost so I offered to help her look. She said the last time she had it was when she went away a few weekends ago and it contained her fabrics and unfinished quilts, I was feeling bad for her. Questioned whether it might have been left behind, she was sure she put it in the car and that she would have been called. Again she made emphasis on what was packed in the bag, I asked if someone had the bag if they would know it was hers by recognising the quilts -- that's when she told me that all the fabric and quilts were in her sewing room. At that point I got a little frustrated, I've no idea why :S. As I passed the rarely used downstairs bathroom I asked if anyone had checked the shower, heading in and pulling the door open. That's when we all broke down in hysterics, because there was a pile of things stacked in the shower, under a coat was the illusive and empty bag, apparently they where hidden there when they moved rooms around.

No comments: