Gingerbread Crafts

Gingerbread Crafts
Time for tea.

Thursday 6 March 2008

Free sewing patterns

Pyjamas, pajamas, jammies, pjs whatever way you spell it.

I love free sewing patterns, especially full sized patterns. They combine my love of sewing and the fun of putting together a jigsaw. I just found a pattern for pj pants over at simplicity . Winter is not far around the corner for us, we mainly wear the pants with a tshirt so this pattern is perfect. My daughter is probably in the most desperate need, all of her old ones are now at crop pants length. It's her birthday on the 16th so I am making a couple of pairs as part of her gift. Then it's my son's birthday on the 26th - yes very close but better than the same day as they were supposed to be. CJ will be 16 and Tom will be 13. I do have some fabric tucked away.


I made myself some a few years ago and they are still good enough to last another season or 2. David should have enough too. So I only have to worry about the members of the family who are actually growing upwards as opposed to those who are growing sideways.

The pattern has printed up fine, now comes the fun part of putting it together. Before I do that I'm off to see what other freebies are at the site.

EDIT - putting the pattern together was a tad of a hassel, the marks for matching each piece are quite small and you need to trim a couple of the sides to help with matching, I found it quite easy to cut off the marks without realising but there is a very faint grid. Honestly I had to go and lay down after doing just some of them - I blame the pattern and not the fact I've not been well since Sunday.

Oh and my dear dear daughter told me she doesn't like flannelette fabric. Too bad for her, I'm still going to make it up - even if it's just to see how it fits, she'll be thankful on cold nights.

No comments: