Gingerbread Crafts

Gingerbread Crafts
Time for tea.

Sunday 4 December 2011

Crochet Bug has bitten

but I may have bitten off more than I can chew. I found this on Pinterest and fell in love.



So after some quick Portuguese lessons thanks to Google translate and some searching on Portuguese crochet terms, I decided to give it a go.

Chose a thread I could get locally which I hoped would suffice, I went with the size 5 I could find DMC Petra No. 5. There's no tension guide on the pattern so the best I could do was guess and after a few false starts am using a 2.5 mm hook. Am attempting a sleeve first.

Decifering the pattern has been a challenge, I think I am going ok have got a couple of the motifs done but there's no instructions or I haven't translated them yet for the actual construction. There is a drawing showing where the motifs go but it's pretty basic.

This may just end up being a dud, one that so far I've spent $50 on and may need more thread. I chose what I thought was a pretty green, but not sure if I still like it.

1 comment:

Thrifty Household said...

That is sooo pretty, carry on & keep posting your progress!