Gingerbread Crafts

Gingerbread Crafts
Time for tea.

Monday 26 December 2011

Christmas has come and gone, I always feel a little blat at Christmas.

We were up around 6, opening presents with my Brother in Law who always stays over on Christmas Eve. Made Bacon, Eggs and Muffins for breakfast, my parents came over at 7am.

I tend to not sleep well on Christmas Eve after rushing around all day attempting to finish up things and get the house tidy, so I usually have a nap after everyone leaves and before we are due to head out for lunch at Mum's. BIL usually goes home at 9, I usually nap til 11, yesterday he stayed till 11. I lay down for a quick power nap, as soon as my eyes closed the phone rang. It was my brother calling to say we had been invited over to meet our new neighbours and needed to be there now.

I liked meeting them, have been too shy to do so for the past couple of weeks but with the rush of having to be elsewhere, could not stay long. I then went to Mum's to help out with getting ready for lunch.

By the time I got back home I was exhausted and put on my new Ace of Cakes DVD and promptly slept through most of the episodes. Slept most of the evening away and woke up this morning, achey from oversleeping.

Getting motivated today has been hard, I did decide to get into a kitchen cupboard to clean and sort it out.

Each time I do this I get greeted with this scene when it's empty.
DSCF1233

and this

DSCF1231

Why on earth would anyone use an extension pipe that is around 4 (or more) metres long when the connections are around a metre apart? Ooh and why would they drill a hole half way up the side of the cupboard instead of at the base, water doesn't like running uphill. The white pipe is a firm plastic for the water intake.

I've been putting up with this for 10 years and am finally going to so something about it- starting with asking my husband to get a shorter extension and to drill a lower hole. I am hoping that it means the dishwasher drains the dirty water better without having to pump it uphill so much. Not much can be done about the other pipe without the expense of getting a plummer in. If we were going to do that I'd insist on having the dishwasher moved under the sink but that means we'd need a new sink.

No comments: