Gingerbread Crafts

Gingerbread Crafts
Time for tea.

Wednesday 31 March 2010

Blue eggs and hot cross buns.



Aren't these eggs just gorgeous? My family will be surprised with blue eggs for breakfast at Easter, along with homemade hot cross buns.

Instructions for the eggs are at Southern Living and the bun recipe is from Rhonda Jean at Down to Earth. I've made these several times they aren't just for Easter either, my family loves them. Usually ice them with a pink, strawberry flavoured icing, they are even better than the ones the local bakery serve, perfect for finger buns.

Am looking forward to Easter, I have the whole long weekend off, nice. 4 days to do whatever, was 5 but one of the girls at work is moving and needed the day off, I took her shift.

Need to get into the sewing room to see what I can come up with for my great nieces and nephew instead of giving chocolate, though I might add some to the gift.

No comments: