Gingerbread Crafts

Gingerbread Crafts
Time for tea.

Saturday 27 March 2010

Bees

Tonight my husband came inside saying that there were bees around at the front door, he heard buzzing and saw "heaps" of them. I said that I hoped we didn't have a swarm out there and he started saying that we'd have to spray. This horrified me and I said there was no way we are spraying bees, that we'd get someone to collect them. Then all he could think of was the expense. I of course had to look, I saw one on the glass but no others and heard no buzzing. Just went back out there to check and there was one on the wire door but no others, I did hear buzzing but it was a dragonfly flitting around the light. Came in and told him what I saw, just one bee and a dragonfly, he said he saw "at least 2". Umm in my books 2 isn't heaps.

As much as I love bees I don't want a colony in my yard, but there is no way I will ever resort to spraying them I do want them visiting. My husband doesn't share that sentiment, he doesn't like stinging or biting insects and thinks they should be sprayed. Now he is talking of getting bug bombs for inside the house.

1 comment:

Miss Robyn said...

oh please, please don't let the man of the house, spray the bees.. the bees worldwide are in trouble, truly.. and without bees we don't have pollination