Gingerbread Crafts

Gingerbread Crafts
Time for tea.

Monday 23 May 2011

Shopping.

Today is my sister's birthday, Happy Birthday Michelle, I bought myself some Granny Boots to celebrate. YAY buy yourself something for someone else's birthday, hmmm Dad's is in week what else do I need? My siblings and I usually don't buy each other gifts, though I did buy her a necklace last year when we went to the Medieval Fayre on her birthday.


Went out shopping with the intention of buying a velvet coat and a pair of brown Granny Boots to hopefully go with the tiered skirt, my black ones didn't look quite right with it. I did see one velvet coat at Tree of Life but it wasn't what I have pictured nor was the right colour. I loved the boots when I saw them, but put them back to search for more in DFO before having a cuppa and debating with myself over the purchase. I won on the shoes but lost on a purple cardigan. After many years of buying mainly ulitarian shoes, never anything fancy or simply whimsical, it was the same for my clothes, I really think that I am finally coming out of my shell and finding my own style. At my age it's about time. The change really started a few years back with socks, love my Witchie Poo socks. I started wearing the socks to work when forced to wear a uniform, these days I'm supposed to wear all black. The socks are an expression of individuality.


Also went to Ikea, with the intention of looking at lounge suites, the purchase of a lampshade and very little impulse buying. The lounges weren't quite right, not big on Ikea furniture, nor were the lampshades. The impulse buying on the other hand could have gotten out of control but I did reign myself in and purchased things we needed - new loo brushes, coathangers and some mini shelves to go into the pantry.

With help from this...



This went from this.....



to this....


I have a third one to put in, thinking of going back for more.

No comments: