Gingerbread Crafts

Gingerbread Crafts
Time for tea.

Sunday 29 May 2011

Old sketchbook

Procrastination again raises it's head, sat down at my desk hoping to get some tidying done so I might be able to sew today or tomorrow, first thing I see is an old sketch book I had pulled out to try to sketch some angel images in. First thing that caught my eye was that one of the quick drawings I had done, an effort to put a stylised angel image in a medalion looked very much like a vagina. Oopps, won't show that image here. I keep telling myself I can't draw and was on the verge of throwing out the sketchbook, but decided on taking one last look through, just as I always do and always the book gets put back because I find some not half bad drawings. I thought this time Id take some piccies and share my doodlings.

Several years back I went to a painting class - didn't stay long enough to graduate to painting, but these a few sketches I did back then.

Starting with scene from a window, I copied this from a book on drawing. Not great but you can see what it's supposed to be.









Then there is a lighthouse and bay, possibly came from the same book.




That's a ship on the horizon.



This is a pen drawing I did after reading my first Doreen Virtue book, I was trying to draw an Angel to turn into a bookplate for the book, don't know why I didn't choose this image, it's so much better than the one I did go with. This face is very familar to me, I've drawn her several times over many years - can distinctly remember drawing her in Art at school. I believe she is one of my guardian angels. Recently I meditated and got the name Celeste, as I looked at this drawing today the same name popped into my head. Again not the best drawing, her head is a bit flat, but here is Celeste.






Perhaps I might take up drawing again, when I get this room done that is.
















No comments: