Gingerbread Crafts

Gingerbread Crafts
Time for tea.

Friday 17 June 2011

Pies


After languishing, gathering dust in the pantry I pulled out the pie maker today - no hold on it wasn't me in the pantry gathering dust it was the pie maker.....although with the amount I've been cooking around here I am getting a bit dusty. The pie maker has been sitting there since last I had the urge to use it, was it last year or the year before?


Tonight, Friday is usually just my daughter and I home but soccer has been called off so the rest are home as well. So I had to come up with dinner for 4, checked the freezer and noticed some meat pie filling I made a few weeks back, I cheated and just made puff pastry tops. Also had pastry sheets in there as well. I thought the meat needed a touch more flavour and stuck about a teaspoon full of vegemite - my secret. The pies were nice but there was only enough filling to make 6, David and Thomas had 2 each. I was still hungry so cooked up an apple with a handful of frozen raspberries, a little sugar and arrowroot to thicken it. There was just enough pastry for 2. Of course Thomas put his hand up for one, I had the other with custard. Yummy.








No comments: