Gingerbread Crafts

Gingerbread Crafts
Time for tea.

Friday 20 May 2011

This morning dawned with a thick fog, the first for this season - that I've noticed anyway. It was still really foggy when I left for work after 9am. I love fog but not driving in it, it never ceases to amaze me that so many don't turn their lights on while driving in fog or rain. I know it doesn't help to see but it makes cars more visible to others.

It's been cold lately, one of my daughter's teachers told her that it snowed in Penrith, only 20 minutes from here. Snow on this side of the mountains is a rarity, it has happened but not for years, usually makes the news but I've not seen anything. I kept thinking all the way through summer that we did were going to have a cold winter this year, perhaps I will be right.

We bought a new gas heater, the old one turned itself off within minutes of being turned on, not safe at all. It lasted a few years, not bad for a freebie which came from a Aged Care facility that was torn down. This one is not as big and I think that we may need extra heat for the front of the house, am still waiting for the AC unit to be installed. It was bought during heat wave conditions but husband hasn't gotten around to getting it installed. He did bring home the AC guy from his work, he diagnosed loss of gas from our non working unit and they were supposed to get some gas to fill it but it never aventuated. Nothing unusual with my husband, he does nothing in a hurry, unless it's for someone else.

That was a little bit negative wasn't it? I've noticed that lately negativity creeps it's ugly head in, I had major trouble with it a few years back, I had to perform a House Cleansing spell to get it out. It had mainly settled itself in my bedroom, what better place where it could attack when I was most vulnerable. I let it go on for way too long and even this time was slow to notice it. By my side of the bed I had developed a major hotspot, my bedside table cluttered and dusty. Decided to do something about it, started with our bed, which I strippped then polished the bedhead with lovely lavender polish, the bedside table was next. I cleaned out the top drawer and put back all the things I love and cleared the floor by my side of the bed. I lit a candle in my salt lamp and we remade the bed with fresh sheets. When I went to bed later the room felt and smelt wonderful.

My husband and son just got home from soccer with the most horrible news, one of the players had a massive heart attack while watching a game. He was rushed to hospital, the Ambo coming back later to say that they kept losing him on the way to hospital, I pray he will be alright.

No comments: