Gingerbread Crafts

Gingerbread Crafts
Time for tea.

Tuesday 17 April 2012

More Crocheting

I've put the socks aside for the moment, as soon as I saw this pattern I knew I had to make it. Cute isn't it?






First I trialled it with Cleckheaten Natural Cotton, only getting some of the back done as it came out too small. Decided on Magnum Soft, which has crocheted up a little larger using 5.5 mm hook. Am making the largest size, not sure which of my Great Nieces this is for, I suppose who ever it's closest to fitting. It's coming along quite well, if you don't count last night's crochet session. I couldn't get my head around the two rows (yes TWO rows that form most of the pattern. I kept frogging and only had about 10 cms of crocheting done after several hours. The night before I had done close to the whole back in less time. I blamed bad eyesight and ended up enlarging the pattern to a size my long sightedness could read. Then when I hopped into bed I did a couple of rows and it all made sense again.

No comments: