Gingerbread Crafts

Gingerbread Crafts
Time for tea.

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Faery Inspiration.

I went out yesterday to buy fabric for my G. Niece's dress, we had decided on purple, found a pretty fabric in the second shop I visited.

The above is also the first photo of my newest machine, my beloved Janome MC 9000 is showing it's age and needs a new screen which has faded so much that the only way to view it is standing up, looking down from a slight angle. The touch screen constantly goes out of alignment as well. I will see about getting it repaired, do love that machine. The Singer replaces my old (24 years) Brother Opus that entered doorstop status late last year.

While I was out I called into a little shop called Inner Forest at Penrith, with the intention of only browsing - really! I took a deep breath as I entered, savouring the heady aroma and atomsphere that engulfed my senses. A plan was formed while I wandered around, the need for Faery Magic in my sewing/crafting room, I want the room to feel magical and be a joy to be in. I discussed it with the shopkeeper and she made some suggestions, she repeated sage several times. Right under the window the room is an old laundry sink that I once planted herbs in, when they started dying off I just left then as being in the wrong spot. They rarely get watered, the rain only hits the front 10 cm of soil. But the Sage and Rosemary have been the only survivors, they are going really well.

The lady showed me some plant resins, which I had already been drawn to and some lovely Citrine pieces, suggesting where to put them in the room for inspiration and abundance.

The room is very cluttered and messy, am constantly rejigging the layout. Swapped a chest of drawers and a table around and think Iam happy with the layout.

I started cleaning the corner I sew in, starting with the window. I've been living here for 12 years and made a discovery - the window lifts out of its track. I struggle with cleaning the outside of the window because the flyscreens are difficult to get out without damage. I was also able to get 12 years of gunk out of the the tracks. The resins are in a shell and along with the Citrine now are on the window sill.

I also fixed the too narrow curtains, by adding the offcuts from shortening them to the sides, now there are no side gaps when they are closed. When the corner was fixed up I set to sewing the dress, even got the overlocker out as there is room to set it up now.

The rest of the room still needs work but it's a real start, this week I will go through my fabric stash and clear a lot of it out. Will take it to the Church for the craft ladies to use.

No comments: