Gingerbread Crafts

Gingerbread Crafts
Time for tea.

Friday 18 November 2011

I've been trying to clear out my sewing room, trying to make it a pleasanter place to be in. It's not very relaxing, motivating or inspiring at the moment. I did get some of the furniture moved around to make it easier to navigate in there.

Am trying to negotiate the clutter now. I have been working on my magazine stash, every so often I go through them to decide what to keep and what goes. I've been putting a blue sticker on those with patterns I really want to make in them, the rest will get donated.



Wasn't feeling great last night, went to bed really early and then was awake at 4am unable to sleep. I got up and put a movie on that I wanted to finish watching. Only put one light on, front entry and watched the tv in the loungeroom without the light. At about 4.30 the light went out, I got up to check, none of the lights worked, the rest of the power was still on. Now we have never had a problem with the lights, if we run the drier, washing machine and dishwasher at the same time it trips the safety switch to the power points but never the lights.

I was not going to go outside to flick the switch back on, I checked all the doors and windows before going to bed. When my husband's alarm went off around 5 I told him what happened. When he asked why I didn't do it myself, I usually do, I've even been known to head out to the rubbish bins at 3am. The lights going off set off alarm bells for me, recently on the news there was a story about an elderly person was killed when they went out to investigate why their power was turned off. Even someone my Mum knows had their water turned off one night but left it til the morning before checking. They rang the police who told them that lately there's been a spate of it, that if they had gone outside it was very likely that the perpertrator would be laying in wait and if it ever happens again to ring the Police. That and the fact that my neigbour recently found a man in a balaclava in his backyard kept me from going out there to check.

No comments: